Friday, January 4, 2013

Finally!

Whew! Finally, I've come to a resolution to write this short blog (i plan to make it short).
After a while of dreading whether or not to write something, I figured it won't hurt if I post some thoughts and introduce myself  to you just in case you decide to continue reading this. Lol

Anyway, I'm Kristel. A Registered Nurse but I'm currently a devoted aunt so I'm almost always at home and skimming through pages of books/ebooks. I will soon be on a hunt for a job as a nurse so I'm taking all the spare time I have left and pledge myself to read and finish atleast 2-3 books per week.

I've never been big in writing because I don't have much time and I prefer to do other things. Although when I was younger, I used to write my own journal and even owned a diary. I also wrote poems. (haha) Writing has  just been my outlet. Well, it still is but I've toned down with the rising of technology and the conventional function of what we call FRIENDS. ;)
I wasn't even a reader and I used to loathe books. Really, they just seem so..boring. I'd rather read a magazine and other stuff just not a book with no images and full of dry succession of words. Like a typical youngster, I prefer to go out with friends and party on a friday night than to snuggle in bed with a printed work on hand. However now that I consider myself almost an adult (haha), there's been some turn of events.   I would recently spend my nights devouring novels and/or cuddle up my kindle/nook/ibook.

It's safe to say that I've become addicted to reading. I just became fascinated with books after a friend introduced me to wattpad and also after reading the famous fifty shades of grey.  I didn't think I would eventually develop such strong interest in books. Maybe I was just handed a wrong title when I was young. lol
Apparently, my fascination went to a higher degree. I started befriending authors, stalking them on twitter, facebook and goodreads and kept myself posted on the release of their books. And to honor the authors of books I adored, I devote this blog site to post my reviews and other stuff related to their books. :) I thank God for their amazing hands and mind to create such awesome pieces making readers feel all emotions possible a human heart can take.

As a starter, I really hope to find and be friends with other bloggers. I would also greatly appreciate book recommendations and feedbacks with regard to books I've/you've read.  :)

Hmm, I think this isn't short anymore so I'm closing this by saying...
Thank You so much for taking your time in reading this. :)
I sure hope to know you and be my friend! ;)

p.s: If you also have a blogsite, don't be shy in telling me. I'd be happy to read your thoughts too! :)

HAVE A GREAT DAY! :)


2 comments:

  1. yey! a toast for finally creating a blog,hehe. I will promote your blog on my twitter account para many will follow you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! Thanks jen! Which means i will have to post more often. Lol xx

    ReplyDelete